Monday, May 5, 2014

Feliz Cinco de Mayo



Hey Mom :)

It's Cinco de Mayo but I really can't tell if people are celebrating.  I don't know if it’s just a gringo thing or not.  I mean I am down to pound some tacos or something if that's what it comes down to but honestly if feels like a normal day.  Maybe the Zone leaders have something planned out.  Quien sabe?

Things here are getting a lot better.  We are making a lot of progress with the work here and are really starting to get into our groove as companions.  The Zone Leaders have been helping out by going on exchanges and I love cracking into our area a little bit more in depth.  There is only so much they can do but what they have already done has made a world of difference.

Things are getting real hot over hear and it's not even summer.  Elder Davis says people start wearing less and less clothing which sucks because already modesty is something this valley needs to learn.  So it sounds like summer brings a lot of challenges but I am down to get a nice tan :) always a plus.  Maybe I can convince people I am from Mexico! Some people asked if I am from Argentina so I don't think it would be too hard to pass as Mexican!

Stake Conference threw us a curve ball and Elder Oaks went to another Skate just North...dagger.  But we still heard from Elder Christensen of the seventy and it was great.  I got to run into some old ward members from North Hollywood and they all were happy and doing well.  Elder Spears grabbed me and said the family we found 2 weeks before the transfer is getting baptized.  I started to cry at that news.  I am so happy that the Lord is blessing that family through what Elder Spears and I did.  YAY for them :)

I really loved getting all the granola bars in the last package.  The candy is great but sometimes it makes me sick ha-ha my body isn't use to that much sugar anymore.  Elder Davis loves Goldfish and Cheese-it types of snacks.  Honestly whatever sounds great. Quotes, talks, and church stuff are also greatly appreciated :)

I can't wait to talk with you!  I don't know the exact time yet because we have to coordinate with members but it will be sometime after 1 probably around 4 or 5.  Not sure really.  I'll sign in under my Skype and we can figure it out.  Just be prepared for some joyful moments :)  I can't believe it's been 6 months since the last time I saw you ha-ha crazy.

Love you Mom.  Thanks for all the prayers and support.  There are days when I swear I can physically feel your love and prayers carrying me through the day.  Keep reading your Book of Mormon and I'll see you soon!

Elder Bagley
I feel like my face looks fatter...not sure though

Sweet .75 cent donuts shop down the street...7am donut run:)
Not so sweet roach:(


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing each week, I love hearing how Mitchell is doing. Will you please text me his new address.
    Keeping you all in my prayers and thoughts,
    Warm Hugs, Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete