Monday, July 21, 2014

...Just needs me to do good...

Hola Madre!

It is so good to hear from you, sounds like everything is just chugging along. Happily it's the same way over here. Every day we dress the same, wake up at the same time, and live with the same person--but every day is so different.

Fransisco is doing great! It's hard to think but one of my investigators might actually get baptized. That is so bad to say that I can't believe it but it is just such a miracle for me.  Ha-ha he is progressing really well and fitting into the ward great.  We have been loading him with member support and he loves it all.  I have to keep reminding myself that he is a 9 year old with ADD and isn't going to be perfect.  But all in all his faith in Christ is growing so much.  I am grateful to be a part of it.

Small tender mercy side note: We had Fransisco teach his 19 year old sister the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he did really well.  He got distracted and started to stare at the stars.  When he thought he saw a shooting one I told him to make a wish.  He said he shouldn't tell anyone what he wished for but that he wanted to tell me anyways.  So he leans in and whispers in my ear, "I wish Elder Bagley and Elder Worthington could stay forever."  My heart just melted.  Gosh, it was so great.  I forget how much of an impact we can have sometimes.

Juan is doing great.  He has been making some great plans to get his life all in order for baptism, but if anyone can do it it's him!  I can't wait to see their whole family make it to the temple.  That is the plan and it will be great :)

This week we had another great Stake Meeting and Elder Garns got to attend as well.  It's funny how much spirit an Area Seventy can bring to a meeting.  I really loved seeing how the counsels of the church work.  I am getting more and more excited to hold whatever call comes when I get home.

Zone Conference is this Thursday.  It's been a little stressful planning and preparing for that.  Being a Zone Leader it basically means President will pick on you as the example during teaching opportunities. So there's that. Ha-ha hopefully the studying pays off.

I have been really trying to put my faith to the test this week.  I am grateful God keeps giving me the opportunity to do so.  I am always surprised at how many teaching opportunities the Lord has in store for those who want to increase.  I have loved reading D&C 6:33-37 this week.  It gives me a lot of comfort knowing God just needs me to do good, needs me to have a testimony of the atonement.

"If we are meek, being tried means being developed."

Love you Mom!  Can't wait to hear what this next week has in store for you.  You're wonderful.


Elder Bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment