Monday, August 18, 2014

Crazy week

This week was nuts, but first…

Elder Stark is my new companion. I am his senior comp and he has never been a District Leader or Zone Leader. So I am going to have to train him on that.  I am driving now too.  With the way Cali drives though I am great in comparison.  People are nuts.  We almost die every day.  But no worries...Elder Stark is great though.  I already love him so much.  We're gonna get along fine.

We moved into our new pad, same proselytizing area just different apartment.  It is SO nice, new and clean.  I love it.  We have AC and a Gym downstairs.  Plus a third floor view.  I'll send pictures next week.

Gosh Alexis is gonna be in college!?  I bet you quys are freaking out more than I am.  I just can't get my head around that. Time just keeps chugging along.  I can't wait to see how great she is going to be :) I love that girl.

We didn't get to have a lot of time to work in our area.  And the little time we did have I filled it with lessons with our investigators.  We have so many great things going on.  Looking into September and October we are looking at 4-6 baptism in Pacoima alone.  I hope I can be here to see them but if not I am ok with that too.

Here was the week...

Lunes: Preparation day
Martes: Transfer meeting.
Miercoles: District meeting, bike shopping for new missionaries, and Stake meeting with President.
Juves: Coordination Meeting, moving into our new house, and member dinner. Taught Francisco and his sister! Who btw wants to be baptized too :) yay
Viernes: Finish unpacking the house, go buy food (we were running low haha, stopped by Kevin’s (getting baptized in September and he was a member referral. Double yay)
Sababdo: Got an oil change and checked the car tires. Finally got around to weekly planning. Get a call at 7pm asking me to speak in church the next day. Wrote me talk...
Domingo: Gave my talk. Studies and Zone numbers.

It was a crazy, crazy week. I am excited to have some time to actually get back to focusing on our investigators.

Francisco didn't get confirmed this week.  Bishop was really stressed and I think he just forgot about it.  It's a little worrisome but Francisco is still good to go, I just want that boy to have the Holy Ghost ASAP.  No need to wait.

Real quick I just want to share one of the greatest stories with you.  After sacrament meeting I had an impression to congratulate the other speaker on his talk.  As I walked up to him he introduced me to a man sitting alone on the front pew.  I introduced myself in Spanish but he only spoke English.  I shook his hand but it was crippled and fragile.  I sat down and started to talk with him.  He poured out his heart about all the difficulties of his live.  From drugs, disabilities and losing loved ones from gangs, and sickness.  From all the drugs he has forgotten how to speak Spanish and can't communicate with his family.  Through it all he started to just cry.  I have never met someone so broken.  I put my arm around him and just listened.  I told him he was doing a great job, something I don't think he has ever heard before.  We shared such a special moment together.  After about 15 minutes I walked him over to the English Elders and introduced him.  I told him he wanted to take the lessons.  I told him he was in good hands.  We said goodbye and he just looked me in the eyes, down at my tag and then just said thanks.  We headed back to the car to drop off some things and I couldn't help but just weep and weep.  I was just overwhelmed, so overwhelmed.  I have never felt closer to Christ in my entire life.  Christ paid completely for the sins of my new friend.  He suffered his sickness, his pain, and addictions, all of them.  And then he suffered for mine too. I will never forget that Mom.  Ever.

I love you.  I love you so much. Thanks for letting me be a missionary.

Elder Bagley.


Sorry no pictures this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment