Monday, August 25, 2014

This week was a great one


This week was a great one. I don't know where to start but all it all it was great.

I live in Slymar. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the pad. We are naming it the Pigeon Pad because we are on the 3rd floor and a lot of pigeons like to hangout on our balcony. It's fun trying to fight them off. I love the new place though…so nice and clear and organized. Yup it’s a blessing for sure. I like it a lot.

Francisco got confirmed this week. I performed the ordinance. I am so lucky. It felt so pure and guided by the spirit. I felt like I finally had an opportunity to bless someone with what the Lord had been waiting and wanting to give for so long. I don't remember specifics of what I said but it felt right. Later that night a member came up to me and shared that he was throwback to his own confirmation 23 years ago after I said an exact phrase that he was blessed with. He said it was like he could feel it all over again. I got caught up after thinking of all the baptized disciples that were waiting and waiting for Christ to bring with him the gift of the Holy Ghost through his priesthood. It must have made his coming that much sweeter. I love Francisco.

We have been doing a lot of teaching this week. We have 5 people preparing to be baptized and that's awesome but I have really been cherishing my study time. 2 hours in the morning is not enough time for 5 individual needs and questions. I really have to focus on the simple doctrine and what the spirit needs me to teach in order to make sure everyone can actually make it to the dates they have set. I love it but it has just thrown me into a whole new sphere of focus and prayer. The forge never gets cooler.

Cinthia, Francisco sister is doing well and reading the book of Mormon a lot. I like teaching her because she might not know it all but she has a huge desire to change.

Kevin is 10 and from Honduras. He accent is golden. I love it. He is just like Francisco…super smart spiritually sensitive kid. The only issue with him is giving him enough to learn. He just soaks it all up. He and Francisco became friends. We are excited about his progress.

Anthony and Kimberly are a really young beautiful couple. They are just a power couple. I love it. Stay tune for them. Good things are coming though. I can tell.

Francisco—another one--he is great. Really humble and ready to change his life. It's hard because he works a lot but we are still going at it. And we have some great member support with him. Patience is the biggest key.

I haven't got a lot of time to knock doors or contact a super huge amount of people but honestly it's been good to just teach and prepare. I love it a lot.

Love you. The work is great and all is well.


Elder Bagley
Elder Starks and Elder Bagley

Moving out...

Not quite all moved in.

Slack-lining on p-day

Some of our pigeon friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment