Monday, January 5, 2015

Becoming a PMG missionary

Hello Mom

I forgot my planner at home which is where I put most of the thoughts that I want to send home so I am sorry about that. I will try and remember most of it all.

Gaudencia is on fire. She came to church alone this time because Columbia (her sister) made is safely home to Mexico. She was on our radar and we wanted to make sure she could be self supporting in coming to church, and she is. She is the best I just love it!

I actually ran into a member from the San Fernando ward who just has a special place in my heart. We really connected and had a special relationship back in Pacoima. I am proud to know her. When she got news of the return of her cancer I was the one she called and we prayed and worked together to get over it. At transfer meeting I heard the news from some Elders that her son had been stabbed to death 17 times leaving behind his son and a pregnant girlfriend. When I saw her at church yesterday I just started to tear up as she held her toddler grandson's hand and talked to me about how kind the Lord has been to her, how strong her faith is and how blessed she is to come to church. I am blessed to even know the same gospel as her. She is a powerhouse of faith. I love her lots.

We had ZTM this week and it was a great time. President has made a draft of the new 2015 Training plan and I stand behind it 100%. Independent of each other president and I arrived at the same point when it comes to the important of PMG (preach my gospel) and what we need to focus on. He is an inspired man.

A PMG missionary to me means a lot. I like to think of what a Book of Mormon or Old Testament missionary looks like in order to compare. What do I do as a missionary with the tools the lord has blessed me with?  Do I have a testimony of living prophet?  Do I know the church has been restored and glorified?  I want to use PMG. I only have a small season left before it will not play as big a role in my conversion or my service.

I love you Mom. I have no intentions of losing hope or weakening faith. I can't wait to see you. It will come fast.


Elder Bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment