Monday, December 29, 2014

Feliz Ano Nuevo

It was so good to talk to Elder Bagley Christmas day.  We got to Skype so we got to see him as well as hear his voice.

Hi Mom,

Gracias por la email :) lo fue muy bien a hablarles ustedes todos juntos en la Skype. Las caras suyos eran tan feliz y brillantes. Les amo! (Translation:  Thank you for the email.  It was very good to speak to all of you on Skype.  Your faces were happy and bright. I love you!)

Christmas was memorable. I have so many pictures to send. We ate/made a lot of tamales and just spent good quality time together at the Lipes. Work still went on and nothing changes but it's almost as if that's what Christmas should be like. We should already be living a "Christmas Life" before December.

Hermano Lipe is a brown version of Papa.

Ho Ho Holy cow you are doing so well with your reading goals! That is incredible how much you got done. You really like to read.  (I mentioned to Elder Bagley that I had finished the Old Testament and would finish up the Book of Mormon this week.) Elder McKinney and I have decided to read the Book of Mormon searching and marking the work "remember".  It's something I have been thinking about for a while but I think now is appropriate.

I reread my journal entry from last year’s Christmas. It is so wonderful to look back and see what the Lord has decided to do with your mistakes and weaknesses. I feel stronger.

District Meeting went well. We all felt the spirit and shared powerful testimony. I committed them to find a renewed strength in their personal testimony of the Atonement. We set plans: Read patriarchal blessing, take chpt 6 attribute test, and do/revisit last day in the field chpt 8 activity. I followed up Friday everyone was on track. I want to see what ZTM holds but I feel we have a good district unity built around something solid and easy to grasp.

I have set three goals for this transfer (longer if needed)
i. Become a PMG Missionary
ii. Develop more meaningful personal prayers
iii. Fulfill P. Blessing.
 

They are so simple but I am tired of looking for complex answers. Sometime I just need to get over myself. Lehi had his moments too and all he was told was to look back at the sphere. I am happy with the plans I have made as well.

It was so great to talk with you all. I love you a ton! I pray and think about you daily. It was not out of the ordinary to see and talk with you because of how present you are in my everyday life. Skype or not I feel just as close to you as I ever have been. Except Rogan...I hardly ever think about her. Hope she is well... 
Love you Mom xoxo
Elder Bagley

Making Pozole

Christmas Eve dinner


Elder McKinney Skypeing with his familia on Christmas Eve

Making tamales with Hemana Lipe
Opening gifts Christmas morning
Homemade tamales




No comments:

Post a Comment