Monday, December 1, 2014

Gaudencia was baptized

Hi MOM!

Happy Thanksgiving :) I just wanted to say we ate all of the goods you sent and it was perfect! My companions love you so much. We are pumped to start hanging ornaments on the advent tree! Missionaries enjoy the littlest of things.

So I have a lot to write but first I’ll send my BYU stuff in another email along with some pictures of the past little bit. Thank you so much for helping me with school. I had a great phone call with president and he talked me through some of it and gave me some priceless advice. I love that man. But long story short I should try to apply to as many places as I can and then try and make some decisions from that point on. He said Salt Lake is very supportive almost encouraging in allowing missionaries to end their missions early for school. He is happy to do it as well; he actually prefers it so I don't feel bad about that. Thanks again. You are an angel.

This week was wonderful. We had a great thanksgiving with the Familia Lipe. We ate SO MUCH food. Turkey, ham, potatoes, latino cold slaw, pan (bread), pie, ice cream, gravy, stuffing, pan de pollo, just basically everything. I am away from home but I feel like I am with family when I am in the homes of loving members who sacrifice so much for us. It was a great holiday.



Elder Bagley, Hermano Lipe, Elder Madore, and Elder McKinney


Like I said I had a great phone call with president. Lately with getting sick, the trio, plus school stuff and all I just felt really beaten up. I felt like I was back to square one and that I was not improving anymore spiritually but rather just messing up over and over. Talking to him was the greatest. He spoke peace to my heart and I just felt good. I felt an increase in patience and kindness towards myself and where I have come from to get where I am at. I always pictured repentance as a process to perfection, as a plan B and a back up but it's not. It is the plan. It is the small immediate actions of faith right after we have messed up and want to change. It's the small whispers in your heart that promise God you'll be better tomorrow It makes you want to promise over and over even though you have broken your promises so many times before but for some reason you think this time will be different; that you really will be better next time. And that's not a lie--it's true! Through faith and repentance, next time will be better. You can make your promises to God become true through Christ. You don't have to lie to God and say you will stop this or forget that, because through Christ you really can change. My testimony and understanding of repentance is different, more potent and more applicable. I love it.

Gaudencia was baptized. Oh Mom it was wonderful, so great. It was raining outside and there were few ward members that showed up because of the rain (latinos are strange when it rains) but gosh it was perfect. She and her sister just get it. They understand what it's all about. They understand faith and Christ’s love and it's just them versus the world. It could have been us and them only on the darkest night with no member support, no printed programs or songs but a font and they would have still filled that moment with the amazing light they carry. I loved it so much. I wish you were there.




So it's December now. There is a lot of good to come from the month. Mission temple trip is coming up, zone conference, Skype home, Christmas just so much!  Unfortunately, iPads won’t be coming until at least January. It breaks my heart but I can't complain. I was thinking about Christmas gifts and I came up with a short list--Ties, relaxing music (missionary handbook gives a good outline of what’s appropriate), a new Journal, and a photobook would be wonderful. Elder McKinney has one from Shutterfly that has baby pictures family vacations, dances, friends, stuff like that in it. I think it would be a lot of work but I would love to have one to show my companions my family and friends in Utah. But in all honestly Christmas gifts as a missionary are an unexpected blessing. An empty stocking and I will still have some of the best gifts. Please search HE IS THE GIFT and share it with your friends :)

I love you mom, SO, SO much. I am really finding myself out here. Its funny how lost you become as a missionary, you forget your music, past, clothes, they even give you a new name! But I have never felt I understand myself better than I do now. I am figuring out who I really am, how I was really designed and I love it…can't wait to hear back from you.

With love,

Elder Bagley
Sunday naps

Awesome whoopee pie

Study time on the balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment