Wednesday, September 18, 2013

1st P-day

We received our first official email.  He made it through the first week.  Everything seems to be going as good as can be expected. (Letter to follow)
Well, I finally made it to P-day. This past week has flown by.  So much has happened that it is hard to remember it all.  I'll start with the MTC (CCM en Español). So its basically more of a compound than an old high school. There is a 10 foot wall surrounding the place with barbed wire on both sides.  Are they keeping us in or people out?  Either way the CCM is in a really bad part of Mexico.  Every night I fall asleep to occasional gun shoots and sirens. LA CALLE IS FRIO.  This is the bus we were picked up in.
 
I love it here though.  The food is kind of weird because you never know what you are going to get.  I haven't ever had corn dogs for breakfast but I have had a burrito. One of the elders in mi casa has been having a rough time with the food but I really don't mind it.  Maybe that's because by the time meal time comes around I am just starving.
 
I wake up at 6 every day so that the 3 elders and I can shower in the morning. I thought it would be hard to wake up early but just like President Pratt said, "Obedience brings blessings." I have been able to wake up and go to bed on time everyday and I can already feel the blessings or strength from it.
 
I have had some trouble with my companions because the one I was supposed to have didn't show up on the same day we did so I was in a trio.  And then an Elder in my district switched districts to be in the district that his twin brother was in so I then got Elder Norwick as my companion.  But now Elder Manscill, the Elder who was supposed to be my original companion found his way back so now I'm in a trio again.   Long story short my compañeros are Elder Norwick and Elder Manscill. They are great guys but I really hate being in a trio.  Its hard to keep track of one Elder let alone two.  Plus teaching is harder. But I'll work on it.
 
Speaking of teaching I gave my second 15 minute lesson to our practice investigator Pedro.  All in Spanish.  The gift of tongues is a real miracle. Not to take away from the fact that I study Spanish everyday for about 5 hours.  But I can still feel the Lords help in teaching me the language.  Everyone here speaks Español. I really wish I could remember the language better but it is coming to me pretty quick.
 
I got the chance to go to the Mexico City Temple today.   It was so cool!  They did the session in Spanish but because it was our first time they let us use a translating headset. It was awesome.  I wish I had more time to tell you about some of the extra things we do here.   Like Mexican Independence day was this week and on Sunday we got to watch the Joesph Smith movie.  I don't know, things here are just great.  I really do love it.  I am learning Spanish, growing my testimony and becoming a more obedient missionary.  I really don't have time to miss my friends or my worldly possessions but there isn't a day that goes by when I don't think of you guys.  I love you so much and I'm so grateful for your support.  Sorry I might not have addressed all your questions or whatever but this first email will just have to be a general one.
 
Con amor
Elder Bagley
 
P.S. I've ran into Justin Adams and Chase Madrigal. Plus I think Steph's cousin Kenzie got in today.
Mitchell with his district in front of the Mexico City Temple.  Elder Manscill is next to Mitch and Elder Norwick is next to him far right.

No comments:

Post a Comment