Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Week two of the MTC experience.

Mitch sounds in good spirit.  The letter was much too short and left me wanting for more.  He is loving all the emails so keep them coming.  I tried to send him a package and it was going to cost me $60.00!  The stuff I was going to send him was only worth about $5.00.  So...it will have to wait until he gets back into the U.S.

Hola!
I love getting your emails. Keep them coming.  I'm so happy to hear about all the news back home.  How cool for Brandon and Danna!  It's crazy how all of your lives still go on.  Sometimes I forget that you are all still back home just chugging away.

This last week was...challenging.  I went into the clinic on Thursday and had the doctor tell me to stay home and sleep off whatever it was that was happening to me.  Turns out I have strep throat and that's no good.  He gave me antibiotics and stuff.  I've been feeling well enough to go out to class and what not but, eating is miserable.  I have the hardest time choking down food because my throat is so infected.  It reminds me of when I had mono.  Its the dumps.  But, all is well and I'm doing a lot better now.  Any day now I'll be back to normal. Just a small rough patch.

I really have had a good week minus the strep.  Its hard to keep track of both of my companions at time but at the end of the day I fall asleep with such a huge smile on my face.  Waking up in the morning is a piece of cake.  The scripture that says "and I will make your weakness strengths" really knows what it is talking about.  I actually really love mornings, who would have known.

I have come to peace with the fact that learning Spanish is going to take time. Patience is hard because I want to know it all right away but all is well.  Also, when we teach our investigators in Spanish I feel bad because out of our trio I do most of the talking.  It is hard because that's not the way the spirit is suppose to work.  Hopefully, I can remember and be encouraging to my companions so they will be more confident in speaking.
I miss you all very much and I love reading your emails.   Keep them coming!  We have a lot to do so I have to go but I'll give you some highlights.
-Getting a haircut.  Its never been this short!
-Watching a talk by Elder Holland for a devotional. I felt the spirit so strong, it really got me pumped for work in the field
-There are a ton of birds everywhere that we now call the Mexicrows.
-Cough drops are only 3 pesos at the store.  What a tender mercies.  I've been eating them like candy.
-The cleaning lady gave me two chocolate kisses on my bed because of how clean my side of the room was.  The cleaning lady knows what's good.
-There was an earthquake, I guess.  I couldn't feel anything but the alarms went off. 
Anyways I love you all.  Mom you are awesome.  Keep trying to focus on the little things in your life that you can make better.  I promise you, you will become closer to the Lord. Keep being the best ever!
Con Amor
Elder Bagley
Playing in the rain.
Mitch wanted me to edit out Elder Sorenson but...that's beyond by abilities.
 It rains a lot!
It is hard to believe the boy who couldn't get out of bed and get to class on time loves mornings and is getting extra chocolate kisses for having such a clean room.  Miracles really happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment