Monday, April 21, 2014

Rough week and pink whites makes it even worse.



April 21,2013
Hey Mom!

It's great to hear from you!  I just got your package this morning and I really loved it. Just as always it was so thoughtful.  I love the bike snacks and hope I can dish out the candy to my Zone.  The last thing I need is to pound all that today...We both know I could. I really love you! I hope you know that.

In celebration for Easter, fate, carelessness or maybe a punk kid in our apartment decided to dye my laundry a nice Easter shade of pink. I seriously have no idea how it happened! Ha-ha we looked through the load and not a single red article slipped in. But nevertheless I will be sporting some really sweet baby pink garments for a while. Ha-ha man it really is ridiculous. The band on the garments is still super white but the cotton part is just hopeless. I can't send pictures of the garments but my towel didn't escape the color. My shirts are fine and it will be no problem in the future but I really got a great laugh out of it.

Things this week have been very hard. I don't want to be negative or disheartening and pray that my letter can portray the faith and excitement I have for the future.

Elder Davis has been going through some very hard medical issues for a while now. This last week we have taken the time to prayerfully and studiously try and decide some options for his future. President has been super loving and understanding through it all. Unfortunately this means that missionary work in our area is taking a backseat so I don't have much to share with you this week.

I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to study and work out this week.  I spend all day inside trying to learn and grow.  Serious though, I need to find a scale because I promise I am gaining weight…especially after this week.  I just eat, read and lift weights all day, ha-ha.  All I need to do is hop on that bike and I’ll be set!

Sorry for the lameness of this letter.  I hope next week I will have more to say.  This week has really thrown me off.  I love you dearly and am happy to hear from you!

Elder Bagley
Me desk...complete with conference quotes from the Young Women

Pink tie is cool but pink whites are not.
Dad got an email too...
Hey Dad
 
It's great to hear from you!  Thanks for the little note.  I bet St George was a blast!  I can't wait to visit again when I'm home...maybe visit the temple there.
 
The pressure out here as a missionary is huge, but now some of the things I use to fear have become my greatest joys.  I remember a day in a park with Elder Spears, I had no second thought about raising my voice and teaching close to 30 people at once about the Book of Mormon.  I am an out going guy but I would have never done that before my mission!
 
Things here are different.  It's getting hard.  Elder Davis has some pretty crippling medical issues and we haven't left the house in 5 days.  I am being suffocated from the work I am called to do.  That truly is the hardest part.  I am being patient and prayerful as Elder Davis tries to make some big choices.  I love him, and hope somehow I can lessen his load.
 
Thanks for your support Dad! Keep the faith, I'll do the same :)
 
Elder Bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment