Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy Birthday Caesar Chavez



Hello Mom,

Well it’s me again.  I feel like I was just on this computer yesterday.  I love it but man time is flying.

Sorry we didn't email yesterday, it was Caesar Chavez' birthday so the library was closed. We not 100% sure who that is but somewhere along the lines of giving Mexicans more rights it’s what we've decided.  Who knows?  We can't read up on him or anything so that's what we are going with.  Long story short; blame him for getting a late email ;)

This email is going to be a spacey one so prepare.  I am not really in P-day mode.

We had interviews with President this week.  I love that man.  He has some great advice and nothing but love.  He was really impressed with the work of Elder Spears and me.  He kept congratulating us on the success and it felt good to hear his happiness in our work. It helps give me a small picture of what God thinks of what we have done.  Finishing up March we were proud to say we gave 903 people the chance to hear the Restored Gospel. We are happy with it.  1000 won't be too far off ;)

We had a cleaning check on our apartment and received an A!  The Dalton's never give A's and they asked if we were the Zone leaders because of how nice our pad looked ha-ha.  I just thought you would like to know about that part of your son…the clean part. 
"A" on cleaning check!

"ZOTE" Mexican soap that is awesome for anything ha-ha
I am getting "Area fever".  It’s like cabin fever but for an area.  I have been here a very long time and I am starting to be a little too involved in people’s lives here.  I know their names, their apartment codes, their pets, when they are moving, their work schedules.  I know it all.  One of the drunks here even said "Man I see you guys everywhere, we're practically family!"  For this reason I think I will be transferred this next week.  We'll see ha-ha

Missionaries are perfect inspirations for exercise.  People see us and start running.  It’s hilarious.  We might not be inspiring repentance but at least people are getting moving. We watched this guy play frogger with a busy street just to get away from us ha-ha.  It’s a delight…a bitter sweet delight. 
Calling on investigators

Stuffing our faces because we didn't have time for dinner in our pad.
We had a second little earthquake.  Again it was while we were praying...coincidence?  I think not!

One of our investigator's kid asked Elder Spears if he had seen "300" and his brother said "Marcos!  Do you really think people of God watch movies like that?"  I died laughing. They are the cutest kids and their parents are super prepared for the gospel.  The Mom told us they are looking for something more but don't know where to find it.  She asked if we could help because they always feel happy and joyful when we are around.  Gabe, the dad, said for some reason he thinks something big is going to happen in his life when he turns 30 (he's 28).  I just started tearing up because even though he doesn't know, all I could think about was his family being sealed in the temple.  I know that's the big thing God has planned for Gabriel's family.  I hope God lets me teach them more...

Salvadora is doing great!  She went to the women's broadcast and has been chipping away at her book of Mormon.  Her eyes really don't allow her to read a lot but she is doing what she can.  We are teaching her slowly but the love from the ward and our prayers are really making a difference in her.  She knows this is good, she knows the book of Mormon is where she can find answers, but most of all she knows that God listens to her prayers.  We are very blessed to know her and teach her.  She will make a great member.  We can't wait till her eye surgery because when she heals she is going to tear through the book of Mormon.  It will be great!

We are so pumped for conference.  We even bought some snacks yesterday.  It’s a big deal buying things that aren't super healthy so that's the scale of excitement we are dealing with here.  Also MoTab has been what we are listening to just to build the anticipation.  Gosh, I am so excited.  I need conference so bad ha-ha I am running dry and the Liahona from lasts conference is a little used.  We will watch conference in the stake center down the road…in English too.  So that will be really nice.  It will be great.

Love you Mom.  Things are well here.  Sorry you had to wait a day.  I hope you weren't freaking out and calling the President ;) (he knows me to well) Talk to you next week!

Elder Bagley
Cooking beans

Making breakfast...he still doesn't look like much of a morning person.

I bought these Mexican leather sandal shoes. They are awesome...tan comodo!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mitch, you are such a great missionary.
    Love the stories,
    Warm hugs coming your way from the Coachella Valley, we are closer to the Mexican border.
    Love you, Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete