Monday, March 24, 2014

Overload of love

Hello Mum
 
Wow what can I say?  Every preparation day is just an overload of love.  I get out of the library and need to take a breather sometimes.  Its the greatest :)
 
Thanks for the snail mail.  It was all gone by the end of nightly planning!
 
And just a quick note with headaches.  They are chill.  I repeat, they are chill. No need to worry.  I mean I get them sometimes but everyone does.  Turns out we found that MSG was the culprit on that one.  The day that the headaches became super bad and I went to the hospital I ate like 4 easy macs (bad decision, oh such a bad decision) turns out they are basically straight MSG.  SO after that OD, you could say, my body was just trying to catch up to being normal with normal levels of sodium.
 
So long story short, all is well :) No more MSG.  Which is a piece of cake!
 
Sorry if my grammar is still super bad, but I am now trilingual.  Soak it up.  Keeping it all straight in my head is rough.  I don't mean to brag but its pretty awesome!  Ha-ha but really I just know how to speak a little Armenian.  It's a very hard language but we have a lot of Armenian people here so we were trying to learn from them when we met on the streets.  Turns out the only Armenian missionaries that our outside of Armenia are in the mission next to us.  So they came over and taught us how to communicate really basically with the people.  Nothing shows someone you love them then speaking to them in their tongue.  Serious. Armenians are hard, rough people but the second you say breve zez!  They just light up.  I love it.
 
I may not show it through my email, but I really do read and soak up what I read.  Sorry I can't respond to all the little details but that doesn't mean that I don't cherish them.
 
The work here is moving along.  We are working hard to exercise our faith.  And God is working hard to bless us.  I can't remember if I already told you about Salvadora.  We found her after we had been fasting and praying for someone to baptize.  Turns out she was praying too.
 
But anyways, SUPER long story short.
 
Fasted after 3 week of no investigators.
 
Started to break mission records of people contacted.
 
Picked up 14 new investigators in the past 2 weeks.
 
One of which is going to be baptized on the 13th.
 
My faith in finding has never been stronger.  Faith is power.  Faith makes men steadfast and makes things happen.  Nephi used faith to gain knowledge.  Moses used faith to save the children of Israel.  And I will use faith to move God's work forward.
 
Sorry this email is kind of light.  I don't have a lot to say more then I have.  I wish I could just share every contact, every lesson, every miracle with you, but sadly I don't have the time or the brainpower.  These 2 hours are already too short.  But I can share with you how much I love you.  How much you mean to me.  And how much I will forever be giving thanks to God for the chance I have to be your son.
 
Elder Bagley
 
So I'm sorry if this one is a little scattered.   You know how it goes.  But I wanted to share a little story with you before I go.
 
Salvadora our investigator with a baptismal date has super bad eyes and can't read very well.  We got her a big font Book of Mormon and she just held it to her chest like is was a baby all lesson.  When we got to the point where we would read some of it I was praying and praying that she wouldn't struggle to hard and that the Lord would help her see and understand.  She struggled.  Oh it was hard to watch.  My heart ached watching it.  Here is this woman, who prayed the missionaries to her door, just so she could be baptized and she can't read the Book of Mormon.  As I was thinking and praying how I could help I was reminded.  "Mitchell, you know how to read.  What are you doing?!" I felt so stupid and selfish.  So I ran over to her and knelt by her seat and pointed and read each word to her pausing to explain and teach.  She understood the doctrine and was confident she could reread the chapter by herself.
 
It took us 20 minutes to get through Moroni 6 which is like 9 verses.  But I have never been so touched.  It was so precious to me to be next to her teaching her to read a book I don't fully understand, in a language I am very new at all so she could realize her goal of being baptized.  God knows his tools perfectly.  We just have to trust that he does.

1 comment:

  1. I can hear how much Mitchell is growing in his love for the gospel.. What a great missionary he is.
    Love and lots of warm hugs, Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete