Monday, March 3, 2014

Rain, rain and more rain



I am no longer a teenager.  What the heck?!

HI MOM :)

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and thoughts. They mean so much. I haven't checked the mail or anything but I am sure everything will get here fine. I have the best family. Thanks for all the love from everyone.

Thanks for all the news about Kevin, Dad and the birthday party. I hope Kevin is safe. That is some scary stuff. Nothing would be more frustrating than having political unrest when you're trying to work. Tell Dad I am proud of him he's doing amazing things. I am sure Rogan is going to be pretty sad though…tough life being a dog. Eat a lot of cake and pie for me :)
  
Things here are pretty wet!  I wish I could say that’s because of the baptismal font but sadly that’s not the case this week.  It has rained and rained and rained. Ha-ha it was quite the adventure.  Cali basically had a heart attack.  No one knows how to drive in the rain or anything.  It was great…flash flood warnings and everything.  We contacted for about 12 hours total between the two days and found a very small number of prepared people.  But it was so fun ha-ha, cold and wet but fun.  Hopefully our future wives appreciate the effort.  I guess when you knock in the rain your wife gets more attractive..here’s hoping! 



Also random side note; a companionship in my district contacted Mila Kuniz at Target.  She's not prepared for the restored gospel but it was a good shot.

We had some small changes in our District with a new elder and a new sister. They seem awesome, Elder Buck and Hermana Evans.

So long story short for the week it’s been a lot of contacting.  213 people talked to and 1 new investigator.  Woof. It’s hard to see that but nothing is more peaceful than coming home and knowing I tried my hardest to share the gospel with everyone. The blessing from this work and effort will come, they always come.

Our mission is seeking permission from the first presidency to use iPads. So that might be a future tool we can use to find and teach.  I am excited.  It really will change the way we work. But who knows if we will even be approved.

Headaches are doing well. I ran out of medicine and haven't had any really strong headaches. Plus I am eating peanut butter again, its heaven. So that’s great news.

Sorry it's kind of a short one this week. We have a few appointments we are trying to get to. We are working hard. Oh so hard. And I love it. I come home and just collapse every night. Praying and praying that God will trust us with someone who truly is seeking the truth that comes from the restored gospel. Missionary work at its core is love and I am loving missionary work.

Thanks for everything Mom. This birthday will be the best one yet.

Elder Bagley
An average home in the "hood"...boarded up windows included
This ones for you Mom

Study time...Elder Spears prefers to do his studying on the floor.
The blessings always come!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that he has such a positive attitude.
    Flash floods can be very dangerous - we have learned, don't take the sml car out if it is raining take the black one because it is higher off the ground and has all wheel drive.
    Keeping you all in my prayers and thoughts.
    Warm hugs, Auntie LInda

    ReplyDelete