Monday, February 24, 2014

Tender mercies and placing seeds

No this is not me.. it's Elder Bautista cooking chicken for the first time on an exchange.
Good day Mum!

Working on my Scottish accent...I just got done emailing Elder Thackeray. I guess he's rubbing off on me!

Things here are going great! Sounds like the same situation for you as well! Good news with Dad, bad news with Lu. We had to get our tired changed too! We got a nail in it and it took them 3 hours to get us back and going! Bunch of armatures...It was hard not just hopping back there and doing it myself. But we left them with a good patient impression of what Missionaries are!

That’s so great to hear about Zak.  I brag about him all the time out here. I can't wait to hear what he will do in Korea. How nuts :)

Two sisters from our ward have received IPods to help with the work.  I asked Mitch if he was going to get one too...That is nuts to hear about the IPods!? I don't know if our mission has any plans on receiving them but that would be cool. Our neighboring missions here have a few IPods so maybe with time we will. That would really change the way we do missionary work but the Lord has always been at the front, using technology to advancing in spreading his message.

So best news of the week...WE FOUND OUR KEYS. I almost cried. Legit starting watering up. It was such a simple tender mercy. The Lord answers prayers. So long story short I was able to open the mailbox and get your Valentines as well as the goodies Nana sent. Both were greatly appreciated. The "Yoda best" especially. Thanks so much. It made spending valentines with a dude a little bit better ;)
Tender mercies!
Birthday wise I have a few weird requests. Could you send some homemade raspberry jam? It's Elder Spears favorite and I think he would get a kick out of trying ours. Also a CD case holder thing so we could organize our music a bit better would be nice. Oh and some elders have a CD called "the Masters Touch" By David Glen Hatch. I think that’s his name. Anyway if you can't find it no biggy. And anything else you feel I need. Honestly going to the temple is the best gift I can think of.

Things here have been a little rough. I'll be honest. The headaches are fine but everything else is a little trying. We talked with 146 people this week, found 21 potentials and picked up 0 new investigators. It was hard. We are placing seeds and working hard to find that one person who truly is searching for the truth. It just seems they are hiding really, really well ;) We have dropped a lot of the investigators we did find this last month and the one investigator who was progressing pretty well has turned to the dark side and decided he would rather find fault in our doctrine then truth. Its heart breaking but it frees up our time to find those who will receive us.

Although in my little plot of the vineyard things might be a bit bleak we had 2 baptisms for our ward yesterday and the work is still in motion. Scotland, Italy, Japan, no importa! Este es el obra del Senor! No matter what I do in my part of the vineyard the Lord is still one step ahead in preparing the way. He is the head of this work.

Love you Mom! Thanks for all you do. Your testimony is inspiring. Tell the fam I say hi or hola, whatever fits your fancy. Until next week :)

Elder Bagley
Weekly planning is rough. I couldn't do it with dress pants on so I went half and half.

This is the talent show with the ward! We sang "The Prophets Pray" to the tune of "If You Could Hie to Kolob." Rocked it!  We sounded awesome.
Supporting Dad's new job already!

No comments:

Post a Comment