Tuesday, February 18, 2014

It's a huge melting pot...



Hello Mother :)

First off, thank you for always being so supportive, it means the world to not only have members and missionaries supporting me but my family as well. Some missionaries go 2 years without a letter from home. I feel so lucky.
 
Such amazing news about Dad! He has been working so hard and I am happy to finally see that the Lord has decided that this is the time we need these blessings. Be sure to give him my congratulation and admiration!  (Brett has a new job with Sun Products, he starts the 3rd!)

My headaches have really been cutting back lately. I am still taking the medicine and not eating certain foods and I have been seeing a big improvement! Hopefully I won't have to take the drugs forever but as of right now things are good. I can really focus on my work now. Although I do miss eating peanut butter...and chocolate...and cheese...BUT it’s worth it :)

Confirming Juventino was awesome! Blessings in Spanish are giving in "Tu form" which is an informal form that we don't use as missionaries except in blessing and prays. I was excited to get to practice it and everything went well. I don't remember much about what I said, it was all in the moment but I felt it was what God wanted him to hear. So I was happy to say it.

So we lost our keys this week...we were making references to the Apostasy and how just like when we lose our keys we are sad and how when god takes away priesthood keys we are sad also. We had a good chuckle. But the key to our mailbox was also on the key-chain so unfortunately I haven’t gotten anything about Valentine’s day. We will figure it out though.

Happy anniversary! Sorry I didn't remember. Dates out here mean nothing unless it’s a baptismal fecha or transfers. By the way are one is on the 25th. I am hoping I get to stay here because things have been going well but that’s usually a good sign I’m going to be transferred ha-ha.

I have met someone from Syria, Armenia, Japan, Saudi Arabia, and Iran…all in one day. Not to mention all the Latinos from different countries. It’s a huge melting pot down here. Every day is something/someone different.
Chickens run the streets...its a different country over here.
The air pollution has been really horrible. Elder Spears' asthma has been acting up and honestly outside just looks terrible. It’s a bit of a downer but LA is a huge city.

We have been having a great success finding people to teach but finding people who want to come to church or set a fecha are a different story. It has been a bit frustrating but I know that the Lord will see our efforts and teach us along the way.
Cool bird. We gave him a pass along card...
We got kicked out of these apartments. People called the cops...
I love you mom! Things here keep pressing on no matter what I do. I am just lucky the Lord has let me tag along. Don't forget how divinely important you are to his plan for our family and for the lives of those who know you. Te amo.

Elder Bagley
My district. It's a little blurry. Elder Alvarado is a bad photographer.


2 comments:

  1. Shauna, You are truly blessed in many ways, Mitchell sounds like he is an a amazing missionary. Congratulations to Brett - Happy dance.
    Love you, Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie Linda,
      You are so awesome! Thanks for your love, support and prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

      Delete