Monday, February 10, 2014

It's a great week to be a missionary


We received a little rain--such a blessing

Hi Mom :)

It's a great week to be a missionary!

I must have forgotten to mention Zone Conference last week. We were taught by the Assistants to the President, the President and Sister Hall.  They were all amazing and I received so much revelation for our work here. They really hit home on teaching simply and that is just what we needed to hear this week.  Especially with all the investigators we have.  We won't have time to beat around the bush.

So to get it out of the way, we went to the doctors for my headaches. They were just getting to hard to handle with diet and ibuprofen. I have stopped eating a lot of food like peanut butter, cheese, avocado, chocolate, MSG, and a bunch of other chemicals to see if that will help.  I guess there are foods that can sometimes be a trigger to headaches.  In a month I will start adding them back into my diet to see if they are triggers for me a not.  It’s a bummer because I eat pb&j’s all the time and avocado is so good ha-ha but I am excited to see if it will help.

The doctor was not a good experience.  I have never felt so judged in my life.  Especially from someone who is supposes to me know my background. He gave me little to no comfort on why I felt the way I did and honestly acted like I was wasting his time.  I am use to people treating me like that when I proselyte but I guess I expected different from a doctor.  All said and done though he gave me a prescription and we are hopeful to see the results :) Sister Flinders is a great nurse and seriously an angel.  She will make sure I am ok.

So enough of that…things this week were awesome!  One of the many highlights was our exchange with the assistants!  It was awesome!  I was with Elder Harris and Elder Spears went with Elder Garland.  I got to stay at their pad and work in Santa Clarita. It is so white down there. SO white ha-ha I felt weird.  I learned a lot on how to be a better missionary and Elder Harris taught me so much.  I felt super blessed because that doesn't happen very often that they go on exchanges outside of leader companionships. Plus their apartment is HUGE!  Two bathrooms and a racquetball court in the gym.  It was like a vacation.  Santa Clarita is a pretty nice city.  A change of scenery was a tender mercy.

Elder Harris       



Santa Clarita--Quite a view




















Juventino was baptized yesterday by our ward mission leader Hermano Lico.  Gosh it was perfect. I was so happy for him.  His family was there and the ward came to support.  He even asked that I confirm him next week.  Oh it was a great day.  And even better we got our new investigator to come with us and watch the baptism.  Seeing a baptism is powerful; so, so powerful for new investigators.  We are excited!

So happy to hear from you Mom! Things are going well, I am safe and doing well.  My resolve to be the best missionary I can has never been stronger :) Thanks for helping me grow up to be the missionary I am today.  Love you!

Elder Bagley
Mormonism...A hit!


Enjoying the chopstick Mom sent for Chinese New Years--Italian style!
Gung Hay Fat Choy with a Mexican twist!

Elder Spears conquers Goliath


No comments:

Post a Comment