Monday, March 17, 2014

Earthquake central, but all is well



WELL HEEELLOOO (read it like Mrs. Doubtfire)

So great to hear from you my dear Mother. Your words are such a refreshing break!

First off, thank you so much for the birthday package. Man it was great :) Every package I get I am reminded how thoughtful and creative you are. We love the CD. It is beautiful. The jam also is golden. Elder Spears appreciates it. Sometimes he is more bear than human. The Cake in a Can (that’s what I’m calling it) was a swing and a miss. I think it might have been because I got the package a little late. But I loved the effort! Means a lot.



So I read Lu's email about the earthquake concern so I will share with you what I sent to her.

Words of our dear President:
"Yesterday morning there was a 3.9 magnitude earthquake centered at the north end of our mission by Castaic Lake and this morning there was a 4.7 magnitude earthquake centered just beyond the southern boundary of our mission.  Welcome to California!"
Earthquakes are awesome.  We are expecting a 7.7 aftershock pretty soon here. So down to contact with "the end is near" scriptures.  It reminds me of D&C 38:30, “if ye are prepared ye shall not fear.”

We all have the proper preparation to be safe. Emergency preparedness packs, water, and safe havens. The Lord will not let us be hurt.  BUT California might just slip into the ocean...bunch of wicked sinners over here ;) All is well. The work goes on :)  No damage.  We actual had the earthquake while we were praying.  Unfortunately we weren't the cause of it, although that would have been awesome.

Thanks for all the news about the family!  I love hearing about all the going ons :)  I actually see a lot of you in my dreams all the time.  Sometimes you are helping me contact and then times you're speaking Spanish.  It always takes a couple minutes to shake it off in the morning.

I don't know what I could say to sum up this week.  We were 8 shy of talking to 300 people which makes us really happy to see.  But most importantly we picked up 9 new investigators.  The Lord has finally rewarded a portion of our faith and work and we now have people to teach again.

One Hermana in specific sticks out.  We found her knocking doors and had a lesson with her.  We found out she has been to church various times in Utah, Salvador, and California.  She told us she was praying that the missionaries would find her so that she could be baptized like her son was.  We set a fecha with her on the 30th of Marzo and are excited for the opportunity to be a part of her progression to that amazing life step.

This week was a little weird to be honest.  I realized that I don't know how to react to seeing miracles.  All I know is the work part.  It is a humbling experience to receive the signs of your faith even though you pray and work for them.  My nightly prays are very humbling.  I work every minute to find people to teach and I expect those prepared people to surface, but when you actually find them...it reveals a lot about the character of our Father in Heaven.  His love and power to bless his children with the miracles they need.  I told God I was going to work. I am just happy he lets me.

Love you Mom.  Thanks for preparing me with your example to be the kind of missionary God needed at this time.  I am constantly reminded of precious moments growing up that didn't hold value then but now become power beams for my testimony.  Give the family my love.

Verdadero y fiel

EB

No comments:

Post a Comment