Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Lots of stuff going on

Que Tal?

Hi Mom.  Sounds like you are doing great!  Thanks again for the emails.  It'd be weird having a Mom that didn't write every week.  I hope no one has to go through that.

This week was a crazy one!  Lots of stuff going on.  But that's about the same as the last year of my life so what's new?

SO this week was full of exchanges. We had 3 exchanges, 1 blitz and companion study with another companionships. I like exchanges because I get to teach and learn at the same time.  But three in a week is just nuts.  I got ran into the ground pretty quick.  Elder Stark and I have spent more time apart than together.  On the exchanges I was focusing really hard on controlling revelation, especially revelation that is personal or sacred.  I feel blessed to have the mind that I do and my ability to learn is often times quicker than others, if I put my will to it.  But my self control is just garbage.  So if you put two and two together it can get kind of messy and I can be a little overbearing.  Before my mission the lesson of "time and place for everything" was never learned. Ha-ha in my schooling, dating, play, and work I just never really learned that.  Even now I struggle with it.  So I had all the other missionaries help me with it.  They taught me and all gave me great suggestions on our exchanges.  It was a humbling experience hearing about your mistakes all week long.  I love it but it was heavy too.

We did some really great teaching and finding this week as well.  “Finding” has been really pressing on my mind lately and I have gained a new testimony in my desire to “find” as well.  I am more calm, confident and powerful when I contact people in the street.  I care about how they are doing and have an easier time seeing their point of view.  I love it a lot but, I really think planning needs to have a bigger role in my work.  We are working super hard we just need to start working inspired.  We need to find the time to “find” ha-ha.

Yesterday, was a tough one. We got a call from our investigator during the day and she asked us to come to the hospital--her son had tried to kill himself and she wanted us to be there for him.  After we hung up the phone we immediately knelt down, prayed and asked what it was we should do, say, and feel in order to help this family.  I was really humbled at the trust this mom had in two 20 year old kids to say the least.  Her son almost took his life but, she had full confidence that we could help him.  Where else is that kind of trust put in youth like us?  This work is not only true but, it inspires those around us to test it.  Call us!  See if what we've been given and know is true, can't bless your family.  We didn't give it a second thought.  There was no doubt in my mind that we could help. It was more how and when.  I am grateful the Lords trust me as his servant, because it’s a great feeling to truly represent him, stand in his place, and say what he would say. I like that a lot.

I was reading the other day and found this in 2 Nephi 1:15 (by the way Nephi and Isaiah are my favorite prophets. I love them both) “But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love."  I love the contrast between "hell" and "arms of his love". It was inspired that you mentioned hugging and Christ’s arms in your letter because I have been very much affected by this verse.  I can't wait for that day to hug you and tell you the stories and experiences I have had.  But I also have even greater desire for that finally day.  When I will get to hug and then talk to him.  Just to enjoy his love and share my life with him.  Hopefully we will have a lot in common. Hopefully it we be more "I am glad that" and fewer "I wish that" moments.

I love you Mom. I'm quite lucky to be your son…quite lucky in deed.

Elder Bagley
Showing my artist side


Huge passole--Before

--After

Drying clothes

Playing croquet on p-day

No comments:

Post a Comment