Monday, October 20, 2014

Teaching is the greatest thing...

Hi Mom! 

Gosh, first off the mini family vacation to St. George looked like a blast!  I can't wait to get home and do all those fun things again. I was having a hard time occupying my thoughts with missionary related things so I decided that every time I think or hear about something that I want to do when I am off my mission I just right it down in my little notebook.  I am calling it my “bucket list” but some of the things I don't think I'll get done for a long, long time. 

Tell the family I wish I could have been there.  I also wish you could have been here but I guess we are both winning in different ways.  That's so great you got to see “Meet the Mormons”.  It really is a great film.  I felt proud to be a member after I watched it.  It made me feel like we don't have anything to hide, but rather a lot to share. 

This week I think was the fastest of all the weeks I have had.  Gosh, it seems like I was just here writing emails yesterday.  We are doing really great down here in the great Pacoima city!  Ha-ha I am excited for Halloween in Pacoima.  Stuff is always going down on normal days, a crazy holiday like Halloween should be just nuts. Good thing we have a curfew.  Also thanks so much for the package.  My comp saw it and said, "Wow your mom loves you a lot."  I have to agree with him.  It was so creative and thoughtful, can't wait to go through all thirteen days. Thanks!

I have been working on perfecting some my lesson plans.  I have liked looking back at past teaching experiences.  I have been able to see the changes in my teaching abilities. I am using more scriptures; I am able to express my thoughts clear about doctrine and encourage bolder commitments from investigators.  I love it all.  Teaching is the greatest thing you can do as a missionary.  I think that's because Christ did it the most.  But, I don't remember reading anything about him knocking doors, but then again I haven't read the whole New Testament…working on it though. 

Spanish has been going great.  I have a growing desire to go to Spain.  I think that would be really, really awesome. I would like to just go around and study the culture, see a bull fight and try and pick up the accent.  Bucket Listing it...

Our investigators are great!  Also Paquito came to church yesterday!  Finally…but I am sad to report he took a member’s daughter and our investigator’s daughter down to the liquor story to by Cheetos when he should have been in primary.  I am very disappointed with him for that.  But we are finally teaching his mother with his sister.  Slowly, we are weeding out the tension in that house and replacing it with the light of Christ and the Book of Mormon.  I probably won't see the fruits of my labors but I am blessed to have the vision of what the future may hold.  It's all a work in progress and as long as you’re moving forward its good...No matter how long it takes. 

We have baptized 4 people so far as a zone and have 4 more in line.  That will be the highest baptism rate in a long time.  We are excited and happy to see others come unto Christ…especially when I feel we have done a lot of work as a zone leadership to help.  We are happy campers. 

We also have a lot of other great investigators progressing: A family who is preparing to be baptized in November, two teenage girls who are best friends and fighting against poverty and social pressures to find a better future, as well as a sister of our recent convert family who wants to hear the gospel.  She came to church too…so great…all so great. 

I was reading my patriarchal blessing the other day and I feel really good about where I am in my life.  There is nothing found in my blessing that I am not fulfilling or preparing to fulfill.  A little is said about my Spanish opportunities so I think I am going to have to keep pushing hard with that. 

I miss you mom.  I hope you know that I pray for you every night.  I ask God to bless you so you can find help in your calling as my Mother.  I am so grateful that calling never has a release. 

Con carino

Elder Bagley 
AWESOME old Book of Mormon I found in the library.

Leaf proselyting

Being a little artsy while doing my laundry

The religious section at the library

The view from our balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment