Monday, October 6, 2014

Definitely loved Conference!

Yup, I definitely loved conference as well.  My mind is just stirred and stirred with new and direct revelation. Conference is better than Christmas. This week was a wonderful one; I went to the temple, held a ZTM and watched conference. All in a week! Oh how great it was!


This week was a crazy one but I loved it. My body has never been this tired but my mind is running a thousand miles per hour. Unfortunately my hand does write that fast. I am having a hard time capturing all that I am experiencing…If you can find a cheap digital recorder that would be a greatly appreciated gift. I don't know if it's reasonable. I really want to record my own testimony of Jose Smith and listen to it in my own voice. It might add a new level to my work. Let me know.

The temple was stunning. It was the most revealing and powerful session yet.  I came with stirrings in my heart and left with questions abounding.  I love how I can go there thinking I know what I need to learn or what would be just so perfect for this or that problem--and then the Lord teaches me in such a different, better direction.  I am stimulated by visuals but in the temple learning environment I just take off.  I could not soak it up enough.  I even received a lot of great direction for my future decisions and potential.  I love to see the temple--but I love going in it even more.

ZTM was wonderful…one of the best yet.  We had an amazing abundance of the spirit and I really felt the truthfulness of the words.  I feel so lucky to be in higher authority position as a missionary.  Often times the questions and concerns of the people under my stewardship really carry me to the places I need to be.  I can't talk too much about it all without using up all my time so on to the next.

Conference was incredible.  It really had a solemn, serious feel to it.  Pres. Monson was direct and precise in the priesthood session.  A lot of themes were repeated between sessions.  I feel the Lord just needs us to be a little bit more of a tighter ship.  Less lose screws and planks and stronger sails and ropes.  I know I have been feeling that call before now.  Conference just put my thoughts into beautiful testimony and doctrine.  I loved it.

OK Now the saddest note of the day. This is from President Hall.

“…On a separate note, I have some disappointing news.  I received a call from the Missionary Department that they have decided to postpone the rollout of iPads to our mission.  It appears that there were some missionaries in another mission who decided not to follow the rules for the use of the mobile devices and used them inappropriately.  The Missionary Department has decided to hold off on providing additional missions with mobile devices until they can review the situation and determine an appropriate path forward.  Like you, Sister Hall and I are quite disappointed.  May I just say like Alma did to his son Corianton in Alma 41:10, “Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness.”  Especially when someone else’s wickedness impacts my happiness!  Elders and Sisters, “O be wise; what can I say more?” (Jacob 6:12).”
WOOF!  I am bummed but I know we'll get them when we need them. When the Lord knows we need them.

I feel like this week was the week that I needed to get going faithfully for the rest of my mission.  We have been having a lot of new lessons and have found 5 new investigators this past week.  Our work is increasing--we just need to keep the quality of teaching on the same line of progression.  I love you Mom.  I am grateful for the kind of “home teacher” you were to me.  I feel like growing up in our home I found a lot more support and guidance then I could have anywhere else.  I love you.

Elder Bagley

Until next week!
Early morning skyline view from the temple

Outside the temple

This is Damien, he's a HOOT!

I got pooped on my a bird!

FHE at the Bishop's house



No comments:

Post a Comment