Monday, September 29, 2014

iPads are finally coming...maybe

Madre

It's so good to hear from you!  Even to see the little bit of Spanish you know.  It's sounding great.  I had never heard "te echo de menos" before but I thought it out and I think it means I miss you, right?  Anyways I always love your emails.

I feel for the Jensen family.  I can't imagine what kind of terror that could have brought to their family.  I will be praying for them. 

I am happy to hear about how the lesson went on Isaiah!  I have really loved pondering his teachings found in 2 Nephi. There is a lot there about the gathering of Israel and the Restoration of the Gospel.  Isaiah knows missionary work. 

This week was a great one!  Next week is pretty packed.  We have stuff going on every day.  But we'll get to that later. 

Transfers went great.  We still have our same district leaders staying with us so I won't lose the relationships I have made with them.  I am anxious and excited to counsel together and see what the Lord would have us do for the next 6 weeks.  As a zone leader anything we want to do, and do well, we work through the district leaders.  I love it. 

We now have 7 out of the 11 companionships training new missionaries.  We are the biggest training zone in the mission.  We even had a new area open up in Santa Clarita.  All is well.  We have lost focus on “finding” but it won't take much to get back on track with that. 

We had a surprise mission conference (English, Spanish, Korean and ASL) this week.  We recieved some instruction from Elder Uchtdorf's words to the new mission presidents (which they never release to the public unless instructed) as well as we got the chance to watch the new movie “Meet the Mormons”. I don't know how it goes down in Utah but you need to make it a date night or something.  It was really great.  I learned a lot and felt so proud to be a member of this church. 

ALSO big, big news on the iPad's.  President got a call from headquarters and they said we are getting mobile devices this month!  I AM SO EXCITED.  BUT even bigger news is they want to use our mission for a pilot program for the new Iphone 6+.  We aren't 100% sure which device we will be getting but either way it was great to finally get some new news about it all. 

So for next week here is what it's looking like:

Monday: Half a preparation day, take the Car to the dealer (it got recalled...), FHE
Tuesday: Going to the temple to make up for my birthday :) :) :)
Wednesday: MLC
Thursday: Weekly and ZTM Planning
Friday: ZTM and 2 District leader meetings, plus splits with the Assistants
Sat: #ldsconf
Sun:#ldsconf and zone baptism

We are going to have a pretty crazy week to say the least. 

Mom, I really think something is missing from my work.  I have really been pondering and praying about it a lot.  I just don't think I am where the Lord needs me in terms of commitment and sanctification…which is hard to grasp because I am doing well.  I feel like a successful missionary I just need help getting to the next level.  It's not a matter of running faster than I have strength but maybe just trying to get the most out of this next year.  What more can I sacrifice? What more does the Lord need from me?  What lack I yet?  I found that one thing I can do to be a little better tool in the Lord’s hands is to sacrifice my native language.  I haven't spoken any English this past week.  I have loved every minute of it.  I have fallen madly in love with Spanish.  I love speaking it and thinking it and dreaming it.  It is the language of heaven.  Germans have the language of engineering, French-food, Italian-love, but Spanish is the language of heaven. 

I am also excited to see what kind of guidance I can get from my temple visit tomorrow.  Nothing makes me as happy as the temple does. 

Long story short I feel a little blocked.  I feel like I progressed so fast (maybe too fast) and now I am letting all those fruits slip by.  I need to reevaluate and see what the Lord needs me to do better.  I love this work Mom, I truly love it. 

I hope you are well.  I hope you are progressing in some capacity.  You sound well.  I am so proud of you and what you are doing back home.  I am glad we're doing this together. Te amo 

Te echo de menos

Verdad y fiel 


Elder Bagley 

No comments:

Post a Comment