Monday, September 15, 2014

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

Madre!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I loved the Hump Day package so much.  Honestly, I can't get over how great it was, so thoughtful.  The shirt is hilarious.  I think it's a new favorite.  Plus thanks for putting all that hard work into getting the pictures from everyone.  I miss them all so much.  Seeing them was such a tender mercy.  I don't know what I did to deserve a Mom like you.

Second thing on the list of things to mention…I'm sorry last week was so hectic with writing.  Emailing was short and I didn't have time for hand written letters.  I hope you forgive me.  The reason is that time flies so fast around here and I don’t have any free time.  Something is always going on.  I love it but it's just crazy.

That's so cool you're taking Spanish!  I can't wait to see how much you know when I get home.  That's a whole year of practice!  But don't worry if you need some tutoring I got your back.

You and Dad should study Chapter 10 of Preach My Gospel.  That will take your Sunday school class to the next level.  Honestly it's the greatest.  I wish I could sit in on one of your classes.  I am sure you are a great teacher :)

This past week was really, really nuts.  We had Elder Carlson come and get a tour of the mission.  I learned a lot from the insights he shared with us.  He is a simple man and not what you would expect from a "5 star general".  He was very casual and friendly.  We all thought he was going to throw down the law but he didn't.  He really just loved us and helped us on our way.  I don't think I will be able to explain all he taught us but at the end of the day it was great!

Unfortunately, our work took a hit this week.  With all the meetings and what not we didn't get a bunch of time with our investigators.  Everyone is doing ok though.  Paquito (Fransisco) is going through some post baptism blues but he is hanging in there.  Cinthia (Fransisco's sister) is progressing super well and really changing who she is.  I am just praying she can keep it up so she and Paquito can support each other.

We found a really cool family this week from a member referral (those are always great) and they are wonderful. They came to a Stake activity we had called Dia de la Hispanidad. There was food, dances from different countries and a lot of Latinos :) It was so fun. Today is actually Mexican Independence day.  Last year I was watching la grita and the dance of the machetes in Mexico...I miss that place ha-ha. I don't know if people do a lot up here for it but down there people shoot a lot of guns in the air...here's hoping that's not the case here in “Northern Mexico”. 
Making tamales for dia de la Hispanidad


Dia de la Hispanidad at the Stake Center


Transfers are next week.  I am about due for a change.  I don't see myself staying in Pacoima much longer but who knows.  The Lord knows pretty well what needs to happen.  I have learned to really like change out here on my mission.  Sometimes I think a little too much.  I am kind of itching for a new feel.

I love you Mom!  Things are going so well over here.  I feel like I am becoming the missionary that God has been hoping for this whole time.  I don't feel a year older but hey I guess the next one is suppose to fly by even faster.  Please let everyone know I love them and I am grateful for the Hump Day Pictures.  Love you!


Elder Bagley

I thought you might want to see some of the love we sent to Elder Bagley for Hump day!
"Woof, Woof guess what day it is!" Love, Rogan
Alexis and Andrew

Brandon, Danna and Sabrina

Brett sending wishes from the office

Hampton family

Kali and Joselyn

Lauren

Auntie Linda

The Marsh family

Papa and Nana

Elder Thackeray serving in the Ireland/Scotland mission complete with Kilt

Grandma and Grandpa from sunny St. George

Shauna up at Alta

Caldwell family (Mitch's YM leader)

Lisa, Brady, Owen, Carson and Jace sharing the love!

Sorrela Marsh serving in Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment