Monday, September 22, 2014

Not a bunch of changes

Madre! 

So far your Spanish is sounding great!  Keep it up and we can start doing these emails in Spanish ;)

I am so jealous you got to go to the temple dedication!  That sounds like such a great opportunity.  I miss the temple a lot. I am thinking about asking President to see if he'll let me go next week.  I never did end up going for my birthday. 

So not a bunch of changes this transfer, I am staying one more round here in Pacoima with the always cheerful Elder Stark. He is great Elder and we are gonna see a lot of great stuff this move. One of which being a re-dedication to speaking only Spanish.  I have been fluent in the language for a while now which you think would be a good thing but it makes it really easy to just stop stretching yourself.  I can communicate fine but I want to take it too the next level.  I think this is the push my Spanish needs.  I am excited.  Spanish has become a part of who I am.  I forget how blessed I am sometimes to be speaking it. 

The zone is doing well.  Not a lot of changes but just enough to keep things fresh.  This morning we went and took the new missionaries out contacting for their first day in the field.  It was a cool experience to have.  I forgot what kind of things I use to worry about when I was that young in the mission.  I feel like the big snakes in the book Verde.  Actually, that would be a perfect way to describe it just a little less pessimistic.

Good luck with Isaiah!  Ha-ha he is a very powerful profeta but he has hidden all the revelation underneath symbolism and poetry.  See what the brethren have to say about how to teach Isaiah.  He is who Christ has quoted the most.  I think that means he's probably pretty important. 

This week has been a pretty relaxed one.  We had a really great exchange this week.  I love exchanges.  I love studying for someone else and then teaching and training them on what I feel the Lord would have me tell them. 

We are still waiting for iPads.  I swear they are never going to come.  I am losing faith. We used a member’s the other night to teach la santa cena and it was amazing!  They are such powerful tools for good.  I need one asap. 

Saddest news of my life…Paquito has stopped coming to church.  We just have had the hardest time coming up with ways to keep the ward involved and interested in him.  I mean he is a 9 year with ADD and with a 15 year old understanding of the Gospel.  Of course primary is going to be boring...IDK.  We are still praying and working at what needs to happen to keep him active.  I do NOT want to have recent convert go inactive in less than a transfer.  That needs to stop. Thanks for all your prayers. 

I have really loved reading John 14:30-31.  The Saviors words bring me so much peace.  He is about to perform the atonement and is already talking as if Satan "the prince of this world" has been conquered.  We've won.  There is no fight in that.  The only fight is in how many we can bring with us.  How complete do we really want our eternal family to be?  I love the Lord.  I love the way he speaks and teaches me.  He is so kind and understanding even though I am full of mistakes.  Praying to find his help has been such a pleasure this past year and I am excited to do the same for the next year of my mission.

Thanks mom! I love you a lot. Ya tu sabes. 

Elder Bagley 

P-day Volley ball

Hump day shirt is a win. Such a keeper.

Harry hasn't got anything on Elder Stark

LA traffic

Mini mission with Paquito...It was a lot of fun to get him out and testifying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment