Monday, November 3, 2014

Transfer week!

Madre,

Transfer week! It's gonna be a crazy one :) Thanks for the email! I liked the weekly format.

So before I get too ahead of myself I'll start with last week's rundown.

We spent the beginning of this week helping a new missionary run around the valley for different doctor appointments. He came to us from Mexico because of medical problems with his back. He was a professional triathlon runner before the mission so it was cool to hear stories about his training and preparation for Olympics and stuff. He will be staying in our Zone as long as the doctors allow him to serve.
  
Halloween was a great day over here...a lot of trick or treaters!   I actually spent the day on an exchange with Elder Kennard.  He is a great elder and district leader.  He is on bike but we spent the whole day walking around and contacting in the street.  It's nice to just walk sometimes.  You feel like the ancient missionaries when you do.  Dia de los muertos really wasn't a big deal down here.  I don't know why but I didn't hear anything about it. The graveyard was packed with people all week though so some people were celebrating.  We wanted to contact the graveyard with family history cards and tell people about baptisms for the dead but that wouldn't have been very dignified ha-ha.

So we got transfer calls the other day and I have been released as a zone leader to serve as a district leader in a bike area.  BIG changes going on ha-ha. The Lord likes to switch things up but when he does he switches everything...new ward, area, comp, bike, calling, and it's a new season.  I am happy I am biking when it is cold and not hot though.  When I say cold it's like 60-70 don't worry.  I haven't allowed myself to let the move sink in and I am honestly really excited about it all.  I get a lot of new opportunities.  I like when I am in those situations when I have no clue what to do.  NOT A CLUE.  Because it's in those times that I am forced to trust the Lord.  I have to make sure I run everything by him because I just can't do it by myself.  Those prays are the most valuable to me.  The prayers where you just have to say "It's me. What do you need me to do?"  And then you just wait.

We had Stake Conference this weekend. It was great to see some of the other ward members I love and get a chance to talk with them and their families.  All the missionaries in the stake were there to.  It's great to be around people you love.  Elder Speth has been called to be a Zone Leader.  I think I will take his spot in Arleta but we'll see.  Elder Spears is finishing up his trainee's first 12 weeks.  Elder Worthington is getting released from being a Zone Leader as well.  So much changes but two years without change sounds miserable.

Sadly, this week I have been having the hardest time controlling my thoughts.  I have let them slip way too many times into topics like marriage, longboarding, school, art. Things that just do nothing but distract. If there is one thing I would say that is the hardest about the mission it is that--self control.  I need to really master that. Especially with a new change coming up homesickness will want to show up,  Thinking about friends and school we'll find a way in.  But I have to be prepared for a new test of faith.  I can't do it, but I know the Lord can help.  I miss you Mom.  I miss you a lot. I don't think I give myself credit for how well I am handling being away for so long.  Sometimes stopping to smell the roses is a good thing.  I love this work because it's just that, work!  I feel like I am fulfilling my potential here.  I feel like my future family deserves the best me I can give and out here I think I am on my way.

Lots of Love,
Elder Bagley
I am getting really good at making homemade tortillas!

No comments:

Post a Comment