Monday, November 18, 2013

Riding a bike can be hard

Just to give you a little background...this is how I ended Mitchell's letter this week.  Remember, "God is preparing people to receive YOUR TESTIMONY of restored truth.  He requires your faith and then your action to share fearlessly what has become so precious to you and those you love."--Elder Henry B. Erying.   Don't worry to much about the bad days.  Seek for the tender mercies.  You'll find them all around.  And remember what Alexander (from Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day) said, " My bath was to hot, I got soap in my eyes, my marble went down the drain, and I had to wear my railroad-train pajamas.  I hate my railroad-train pajamas. When I went to bed Nick took back the pillow he said I could keep and the Mickey Mouse night light burned out and I bit my tongue.  The cat wants to sleep with Anthony, not me.  It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  My mom says some days are like that...Even in California."  Here's Mitch's letter...


Es used mi madre?
Hi Mom :) I just love hearing from you and the love you have for me.  I am a ways away but I can feel you with me all the time.  Thanks for always seeing the best in me, I am sad I never could.  But I am grateful for the opportunity my mission has given me to see myself becoming better everyday.  I love how well you can quote libros de ninos (children's books)!  Alexander and I have a lot in common when it comes to having bad days but it seems so silly to let them get you down, they will past.

Thank you so much for the package with the Ensign! I have been waiting and waiting for the mission to get a shipment.  So thanks, that was an awesome spiritual pick me up!  The CD is great too.  It's hard to judge mission approved music sometimes but I don't think there is anything wrong with some Cannon in D.

This week I had a couple problems with my bike tires.  First on Wednesday I had my front one blow out.  Which wasn't good but we weren't too far from home.  So we called around and I got a patch kit.  I patched it up perfectly thanks to my Discount Tire experience and boom we were good to go.  Next morning, we are riding around and hiss, there is a thorn sicking in the same tire I just barely patched.  Woof.  So we called the "car elders" and I dropped 20 bucks on heavy duty tubes, here's hoping they hold up better.

So I am coming to the realization that movie stars and movie shootings happen all around here.  I found out that last transfer my companion tried to give a BOM to Jay Leno while he was in his Ferrari.  Leno responded "Please don't leave that book in my car."  So that's chill.  Also they were shooting an episode of Teen Wolf outside the "car elder's" apartment.  They tried to get in the shot and spread the good word but security was tight.  And even more, they blocked off the street next to ours for a "Disney production".  Lots of lights, semi trucks, and crew members just showed up over night.  So that was cool.  Hopefully over the next 2 years I will be able to sneak into a shoot...one day.
I have been learning to budget very well out here and honestly Mom I don't go without anything that I need.  At least twice a week we have dinner at the Lico's and Veronica our recent convert has been feeding us some too!  You would be so proud though.  I buy all this healthy food and what not when I shop. Yesterday I made firjoles negro in the crock pot we found hidden in our kitchen.  They taste so good.   Straight pisano.  I'll send you a list of things I might need for Christmas though.
Things here have been going pretty well.  I am starting to build some good relationships with the ward members in hopes of aiding them in missionary work.  I feel so grateful to even have a ward I can work with because the members can truly be the difference in a lasting conversion.  On Sunday we were asked to bless the pan y agua (bread and water) last minute.  I have never done that in Spanish but I was so grateful for the learning opportunity it was.  Sitting behind the table listening to the hymn being sung I couldn't help but be engulfed in the spirit.  My body was on fire and my mind was clear as the spirit showed me how important the sacrament is for all members of the church around the world.  I started to see members of the my home ward sitting in the congregation. Browns, Lewis, Lloyds, Willsons, and more.  Sitting and smiling at me as I waited to bless the tokens of our Savior for the members of the North Hollywood 4th ward.  I will never forget how I felt during that meeting. I truly came to know the love God has for all of his children no matter where we are.

Olga is progressing very well and we have really high hopes for her and her family. They both work on Sundays though so that is a bummer and a obstacle we are going to have to overcome.  Juventino (el esposo de Veronica--Veronica's husband) hasn't come to church for the last two weeks but during our lessons he is progressing a lot.  We need to get him to church though.  He has a baptisimal fecha por Dec 8th. Yay!
Love you Mom to the moon and back.  Reading your emails give me strength and power! Give the girls and dad my love.
Con amor.
Elder Bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment