Monday, November 4, 2013

Two weeks in the "field"

We recieved a letter from Mitchell's mission president through snail mail last week.  The letter included these pictures of Mitch.
Elder Bagley with his trainer Elder Speth

Elder Bagley with President and Sister Hall
Now for this weeks email...

Time here is flying by. I honestly feel like it was just yesterday that I was in this stinky library writing these emails.
 
Well, I have officially been in the field for two whole weeks now. That is so crazy but I love the progression I am seeing:  in the work, in myself and in the language.  Granted I am not a perfect teacher or missionary but I know that with constant obedience I can get closer.
 
This week we saw so much success in the work we are doing. We found 4 new investigators and had lessons to teach all through the week. Our hard work is truly being rewarded.  Which is comforting because it is hard to do.  Not everyone is prepared to hear our message but we continue to talk with everyone we see.  One skill we have picked up is to discern if the houses we see will have Pisanos (country men, its what Mexicans call each other) in them or not. Three sure signs are, no lawn, beat-up truck, and Christmas lights.  Latinos never take down there Christmas lights!  It's the closest thing to a game we have out here. 
 
I am getting into the hang of things physically around here. We jog every morning and I cook myself really great food.  I don't feel too drained in the day but at the end of the night I am grateful to get into bed.  My bike still is a piece of work.  Hopefully I will figure out that situation but until then I will just have to stick it out.  Maybe the bike will get rid of my chicken legs.  Who knows.
 
We had another baptism this week for an investigator the Hermanas (Sisters) were teaching named Miguel.  It was an awesome service and two of our investigators came to watch.  Hopefully they were able to feel the spirit and gain a stronger testimony that baptism is the right path to take.
 
Church this week was great cause I was able to fast and meet more of the members. I also confirmed Veronica a member of the church, in Spanish, in front of the whole ward, with only 20 minutes notice.  But at the end of the day I couldn't help but be saddened because of what happened.  Here are all these amazing members who truly have a desire to help and aid the missionaries and I just can't clearly express my gratitude to them.  It is such a humbling experience.  I love people.  I love to visit and get to know people and I truly feel blessed with the personable talents God has blessed me with.  But once again Spanish gets in the way.  I feel like I have a sea of love and testimony and it is just getting drained though a small hole.  I can not wait for the day that my hard work and studying will be rewarded with the ability to truly express what the spirit dictates...one day.
 
Mom, thank you for your constant support and love.  I can't imagine doing this without you standing behind me.  I had an amazing dream the other night where I came down the escalator in the SLC airport after my mission was over.  I was tried and happy. In the dream I saw you, Dad, Alexis and Lauren standing at the foot of the stairs and all I could do was fall to the ground and cry.  I can't wait for this dream to become a reality. Where I will be able to return home after knowing I did all I could to be the best missionary I could be and finally return home to the greatest reward and blessing I could ever have, my family.  I love you all so much.  All the trials and afflictions we face will be but for a moment.
 
Con amor
Elder Bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment