Monday, June 23, 2014

Helping President with interviews

Hi Mom :)

It’s so good to hear from you.  Sounds like things are well.  Thanks so much for the package!  The Reese's bits melted but they still taste the same frozen ;)  Sorry summer is flying by!  Try to enjoy it while you can and I'll do the same.

This week was a great one.  I really feel this week I grew more than usual.  My prayers have been more faith based and grateful, and my desire to share the gospel has increased a lot!

We helped President with interviews this week. He goes to every zone and interviews all the missionaries personally for about 15 minutes all day. Even though he is tired and has been doing interviews all over the mission for 200 some missionaries, he is happy and cheerful. I love that man. He is wonderful.

During the interviews we gave a training on teaching doctrine simply and then we taught about the atonements enabling power. I really enjoyed testifying of that. Sometimes it's hard to know you have a testimony until you can see the affect it has on someone else. Until the words leave your mouth and they feel so right and so true. It was great…a lot of work but great.    

Because of interviews taking up a whole day we had a pretty packed week for finding and teaching. A lot of our investigators aren't progressing just for the fact that we can't get a good appointment set with them or they have random things happen. Like a new baby or a vacation to Mexico. It's hard to see but I am happy I am doing my part. That feels good.
 
Fransisco our investigator.  I love him so much.  I have never taught anyone so spiritually sensitive to the truths of the gospel.  Sadly he is going to mexico for 2 months :,(




This week I have been really tired. I haven't been sleeping very well because of our house situation. We live in the hood and so noisy there.  There are a lot of sirens and other noises all night. The bank down the street almost got robbed. But don't worry 12 police cars got it under control. Needless to say we are looking for a new pad to live in. Somewhere in the next month or two we will hopefully be out!

We are teaching a big group of teenagers that live in the projects. It has been so fun being able to give a young group of people and opportunity to have a better chance at live. The projects are basically the hood of Pacoima and a lot of drug and gang activity happens every day.  But seeing these kids understand the restoration and be happy about just having a friend has been so fun for me.  I love them a lot!  Hopefully we can get them to church and baptism :)

The work is moving forward :) who would have guessed? I’m so sorry “missionary time” is crawling for you. Sometimes it seems that way right before something great is going to happen.  I love being a missionary.  It's really hard.  It's a personal struggle everyday to be better, but it's nice to know I have divine help.  I have a patient kind Father in Heaven who wants me to succeed. That helps. Love you mom!


Elder Bagley
YUCK!  Fish! Usually it is cook it in a fillet and it's really yummy...not into heads being attached

Lavandaria

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear from Mitchell, it seems late this week. Sounds like he is really growing in his love for the gospel. Wish I could come visit, maybe later.
    Sending you all warm hugs and love,
    Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete