Wednesday, October 16, 2013

We got a much longer email this week.  Mitch sounds like he is in good spirits.  We received a handwritten letter last Thursday.  It was great to read and hold something that Mitch had written.  He was really pumped about getting to watch Conference and encouraged us to prepare and do the same.

Hola!
Todos bien! Estoy feliz cosas son bien por usted.

First off sorry about last week I really missed being able to send you a good email. I won't let that happen again!  Estoy feliz que mi carta actually got to you!  I was hoping you could get it before conference but hey, better late than never.  I really did love conference so much and I am happy to hear that you are studying what was said.  I know you will be able to receive the enlightenment and revelation you need!  I know I have.  I have had a lot of time to look over my notes and study the impressions I received during the various sessions.  Such a blessing. 


I am not one hundred percent sure of my travel plans yet.  I think I will know pretty soon though and I will definitely be able to send another email when I leave.  I think my flight is about 7:30 am on the 21st but I don't know the mechanics of how I get to the airport or when I need to leave the CCM.  I have faith I'll get where I need to be though, they are really on top of stuff down here.  I am flying US Airways and my first flight is to AZ, flight US 502 and from there I am on flight US 2774.


I hope you find something fun to do for your UEA break!  I think hiking would be a fun thing to do but that's probably because I just really miss the mountains.  Also East Canyon should be really pretty this time of year with all the leaves and what not.  I love the drive down there.  When I get home that is definitely somewhere I want to visit. Wake boarding there was always fun!

Same old same old around here! Honestly the days don't ever feel different.  I have a hard time trying to remember what it was I ate yesterday or did.  I can't help but feel removed from some of the things just rushing by me.  I almost wish it would slow down so I could actually have time to remember and reflect on what I am learning and how I am growing.  But I guess that is just something I am going to have to get over. 
 
I have a lot of mixed feelings about leaving the CCM. I really want to get out in the field and figure out what it truly feels like to be a real missionary, both the good and bad.  Here is so controlled and protected.  It gets redundant after a while.  But then the other half of me wants all the time I can get to prepare, study, and practice because in 5 days it's the real deal.  I will be teaching real people with real problems and the stakes will be higher, much higher.  I have been in this in between mindset for the past week and a half and it starts to wear on you.  Not to mention everyday being reminded how truly little you know concern the gospel, the language and your self management skills. 
 
I don't want to come off sounding discouraged or down.  It's exactly the opposite. I find strength in knowing that I need my Savior to show me the way.  To push me and catch me when I don't see how I can succeed.  I find humility in knowing I am not the one who teaches the lessons, the Holy ghost is.  But, he is a hard companion to keep with you constantly but that only means I need to be more obedient.  I find confidence in knowing the eternal plan and promises my Father in Heaven has for me.  I am his son and with that in mind I can only fail if I let myself fail. 
 

I love my mission.  I really do.  I have bad days, true.  But that doesn't mean I am having a bad mission.  It only means I am not perfect.  It only means I need to look to the One who knows and loves me.  I love you all so much!  Thank you for your constant support and love.  Talk to you soon!

Con amor

Elder Bagley
Mexico City Temple

My favorite section of our little "C" store

Home sweet home--but only for the next 5 days...California ready or not here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment