Monday, December 16, 2013

12 days of Christmas

Madre,
 
The Christmas package we sent Mitch

12 days of Christmas?  What have I done to deserve such an awesome Christmas?  Thank you so much for the package. I love getting them and I can see the time and thought that goes into them all.  Love you Mom!  I only hope you don't feel like this kind of standard has to keep up for the rest of my time.  Don't feel pressured or anything.  All is well :)  I have the best family.  Elder Speth ate all of his candy in about 3 minutes no lie...He has a bit of a sweet tooth but was very thankful of the gifts.  He wants to propose adoption when we return. 
Thanks for the advent scriptures. They really help me focus on Christ throughout the day. I love it! 
I am so happy to hear about news from home. Amy's farewell sounds like it was a success. She'll be a great missionary. I have the Bagley boy's pictures they sent hanging on my wall. I hope they don't have to spend too much time in an apartment.  Maybe we'll be able to swap crappy apartment stories!  (also don't worry we got our power back! It was only out for 3 days...) We didn't know his power was off...what else isn't he telling us?
We picked up 3 new investigators this week after last weeks dry spell but unfortunately we dropped about 3 as well.  Olga and her family are progressing so well.  Every lesson is just better and better.  Adrian, her 3 year old son was praying by himself right before bed asking God to watch out for his family and saying he was sorry for the bad things he did. Such a tender mercy.  Juventino came to church and seems to be getting a hold on things with his life!  We are hopeful for him.
How awesome you get to speak in church! I wish I could see it.  First off though I know you will do great!  You have all the tools to be an amazing speaker and people will feel the spirit and desire no matter what you say.  We are promised in the scriptures that if we just open our mouths, they will be filled with the portion that every man needs to hear. This counts for church talks too :)  With the three of you (Lanette Johnson, and Jen Brown) speaking I can't even imagine how strong the spirit will be.  Feel free to share whatever you would like to share.  Don't hold back.  You can talk about how much of a punk I was too!  Put it all on the table so that the spirit has more to work with.  He's a big part in all of this.
Please share how much I have come to know of the atonement.  I cannot express in words how close I feel to my Savior everyday.  Not just in the things I do, but who I am.  I have never been more obedient, more blessed and felt more cared for in my entire life.  I am starting to get a taste of what Christ truly went through as the Savior of the world.  I understand what it means to love everyone, to be rejected and to dedicate my life to the will of the father.  But must of all what it means to repent and change.  I am not the same Mitchell I used to be.  I have already given up trying to hold on to who I was.  Just know that I am going to be different, for the better, when I return home.  Mom you will be great on Sunday.  Don't worry :) I am so proud of you and will be with you!

I can't wait to speak and see you on Christmas!  I'll skype sometime around afternoonish. It's still up in the air.  Just be ready and we'll have no problem.  I can't wait!
Con Amor
Elder Bagley
Mitchell with his zone.  He is the tall, handsome one in the back row.

Found a sweet 66 Ford Pickup on the street just like Dad's.


1 comment:

  1. Love hearing all that is going on. He sounds so excited.
    Sending you warm hugs and great thoughts,
    Love you, Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete