Monday, December 9, 2013

WHAT THE HECK IT'S DICIEMBRE! That is crazy.

Mi amaroso Madre,

 
WHAT THE HECK IT'S DICIEMBRE!  That is crazy.  Time is flying by so fast!  I have got to just get use to it and except it.
 
Sounds like things at home are pretty cold!  It's pretty cold here too but honestly I miss the snow.  I am grateful we don't have it here because that would make things so much harder but I do miss seeing the leafless tree branches with soft snow tips.  That sounds beautiful.  Thank you so so so much for the package!  It was just what I needed.  The jacket and gloves are sweet!  Super warm and fits perfectly.  Thanks :)  I really have the best family in the mission.  Don't worry about sending any more, we got our heater to work!  It was such a tender mercy to wake up and not have to turn on the stove to try and get warm.  Snug as a bug!  Now we just have to work on having constant power...baby step by baby step I guess.
 
This last week was pretty busy and crazy.  We had our 6 week follow-up meeting for all the newer missionaries which was awesome.  The President basically had the trainers and the trainees split up and then we talked about what was good and what we wanted to see more of.  I honestly started to realize how good I have it with Elder Speth.  Other missionaries were talking about not having opportunists to lead in lessons or contacts.  All I could think of was my second day taking the lead teaching the Law of Chasity to Veronica!  My first 6 weeks have been awesome.  I can't wait for more.
 
Also sorry if my spelling is not correct. I have the hardest time remembering some words in English. Kind of weird but I hope its a good thing. (I try to catch most of his errors)
 
That's nuts about the Crammers.   5 boys sounds like quite the party!  Be sure to let them know you're there to help them out!  With Brother Crammer's calling I'm sure he is starting to feel the heat.  Support the ward!  Our ward (Parkview) really is so awesome, I took them for granted.  Out here we have a lot of drama between families and some of the work isn't getting done because of it.  Be a blessing not a burden.
 
So the sad news of this week is that Juventino didn't end up getting baptized.  Satan really put overtime this week and ended up prevailing.  Juventino's son lost his job, the family is getting kicked out of their house, and one of his other sons is trying to cross the border, which is super scary and deadly.  All of this happening the week before one of the most important covenants of his life.  It was hard to take it.  But we did all we could. We gave it the faith we had and he has chosen his agency.  We plan to be patient with him and reset the date but after this week it's hard to see things getting better.  I hope they don't move out of our area.
 
Hope things are well Mom!  I love you and think about you all the time.  Hopefully as time goes on I will be able to get better at these emails.  I still feel so scattered and spacey but just know how much you mean to me!  I can feel your love and prays everyday!
 
Con Amor
Elder Bagley 
What I have for lunch every day
 
He sounds great and best of all he sent lots of photos!!
My famous self taught homemade frijoles negros

Walking through a construction sight

Fun with the stick on mustache mom sent...I "must ache" you a question.

This is called avena.  It means oats in Spanish.  Its like watery oatmeal.  I put my own twist on it and added hot chocolate.  It's pretty yummy but needs some polishing.  I need to learn how to make Salvadorian hot chocolate.  That stuff is gold!

Study time with the stache

The district--Elder Speth is the one with the "una brow"
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he is having a great time sharing the gospel. So glad that he is warm...Keeping you all in my prayers and thoughts. Love Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete