Monday, December 23, 2013

"Quick warning for this next part"

My talk Sunday went fine.  I made it through with only a few voice cracks and no real tears.  I am just glad it's over with.  Mitch had a very eventful week.  I am very grateful that he is safe and I can't wait to talk to him Christmas day.
 Madre,
 
Wow.  Two days until Christmas.  I can hardly believe that it is almost here.  Nothing about this month has felt anything like Decemeber should feel like.  No snow, no Temple Square, no Christmas movies. Its been a weird sensation.  The closer Christmas gets the more and more things, unimportant to the true center of Christmas, are peeled away and I become closer and closer to Christ.  I've loved it.  Can't wait to spend Christmas day in the streets of California bringing glad tidings of great joy.
This is the gingerbread house we made out of the kit Nana sent
But anyways, here is a bit of what went down for the week.  It has been one for the record book.  First off, "Temple trip!"  I cannot tell you how much of a blessing and tender mercy being able to go to the temple was.  I have missed it so, so, so, much.  My heart was on fire as I went through a session with my beloved friends, in my own language (the last times it was the old video and in Spanish), with 100's of missionaries all in white.  It was amazing.  Simple amazing.  I can't wait to go again for my birthday :)
Los Angelos Temple

My district

 
I am becoming quite the cook.  Not to toot my own horn but I am on "homemade tortilla" status.  Next step, PUPUSA!
 
We have been having some rough times with our investigators.  We have dropped a few because they are just not progressing and after yesterday when only one of our 9 investigators shows up for church it really makes you ponder the blessing of agency.  But, never the less we were proud and happy for Elder Spears and Elder Smith who baptized Gilberto yesterday.  Gilberto was the first person baptized in the Elders area and it was Elder Spear's first baptism after being in the field for almost 9 months.  We were so happy for everyone involved.
 
I can't express how blessed I feel upon receiving all the packages that I have.  They have meant the world to me.  It gives me comfort and humility to know how many people truly are supporting the Lords work!  Gracias gracias gracias!
 
Okay, so quick warning for this next part.  One, we are alive and safe.  Two, I have the Lords promise that I will not be harmed (D&C 24:16).  And three, you said you wanted to know everything so here goes...
 
Elder Speth and I returned home from the baptism and headed out to contact one of our potentials.  Upon leaving the street we live on we saw a couple leaning against the fence and it appeared to me that they were kissing.  I hate PDA.  It's nasty and rude.  SO, naturally I ride by having no intention to speak with them.  As we got closer I realized that the girl was not there on here own free will.  She started to yell "Help me Help me" and was crying and struggling.  Elder Speth and I dropped our bikes and ran to help.  The second we got there about 6 other people showed up on bikes (everyone in this story is under 25 years old).  I thought they were coming to help but turns out they were friends of the boy who was abusing the girl.  Elder Speth and I talked with the group and they told us that the couple was just fighting and had been drinking and we should leave before anyone got hurt.  They said they would take care of it, that they had seen us around and that this was none of our business.  One of the men put his hand on my chest and told me to back away.  This whole time my mind was clear and all I could hear in my head was "You'll be safe.  I am here.  Be wise."  Elder Speth and I had no intention of fighting these people or causing anyone harm but upon a third question to the man who now had his arm around the girls neck he said with unclean language that we should leave or he would stab us.  It was dark but I could make out a knife in his hand.  At this point the spirit told both Elder Speth and I to leave.  So we did.  We turned the corner and called the cops.  After that one of the friends yelled "Hey man their calling the cops".  Long story short we were chased and had to hide and wait for the Hermano we live with to pick us up.  The cops came but we don't know if they caught anyone.  We called President Hall and he told us to sleep at the district leaders house because the event happened right by our house and the people knew where we lived. 
 
I have never been more protected and fearless in the my life.  I had the Lords promise that everything would be okay.  I hope this story doesn't scare you Mom or cause you worry.  That's not my intention all I know is that God watches out for his servants.  Man I can't wait to see you in two days.  Talking with you is going to be the greatest gift.  We'll call around 1 or 2.  Love you Mom. 
 
Proud to be your son.
Elder Bagley
Bike safety...I'm just glad he is actually wearing his helmet.

Giving Himself a hair cut...he says it's sooo short

Elder Speth fighting Satan (aka a large opossum)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment