Monday, December 2, 2013

Pan de pavo

Hola Madre!
My first Thanksgiving away from home was really not that bad!  Ya, I missed seeing the family and the warm nap after dinner but honestly it's a different world out here.  The days don't feel like normal days and the time I spent for Thanksgiving just felt like a normal meal.  We ate with the Lico's and had pan de pavo (turkey loaf).  Which is like a big roll stuffed with pavo (turkey) and all sorts of good stuff.  It was really yummy.  I had three...but it really doesn't compare to an American Thanksgiving.  I miss mash potatoes and gravy.
That's awesome you made gingerbread houses already.  I love doing that!  Maybe we'll find a way to do that here.  Sorry about the Christmas list but I actually forget it at the apartment.  I have it all written out though.  I hope next week won't be too late to send stuff or whatever.  Good basic stuff to send though is food, ties, office supplies, post it notes, Spanish study stuff.  Idk, I'll get you the legit list next week!
That is awesome Xav still did the Black Friday deal!  Here we tried to track around the shopping center because a lot of people were out but everyone was in too much of a hurry.  One lady even ran away from us, ha ha I guess missionaries are pretty scary.
We went to the Zoo and it was a lot of fun.  A good break from the work but it meant we didn't get a lot of time to clean or prepare for the week so that was a little stressful. As things continue on I will try and take a lot of pictures so you can kind of get a feel for what it is like here!  Also I bought a new bike seat so no worry there.  It is actually way more comfortable than the last.
This week was really, really hard work wise.  We only picked up one new investigator but lost 2 because they just picked up and moved.  One day Elder Speth and I were tracking for 4 hours in the rain.  I wish I had pictures but, man it was terrible.  I was so cold.  No one was listening and we only got the chance to get 9 potentials.  Which turned out later no one wanted to continue to take lessons.  I am giving this seed placement though.  We have a new month and a new transfer  to start new and keep working hard.  We will see success.  By the way Elder Speth and I are still going to be companions for transfer #2--transfers are every 6 weeks.
Juventino didn't come to church this week...which means he might not have the testimony he needs to be baptized this Sunday.  We will see throughout the week and discern with the spirit what his hold ups are.  I pray things we be okay.  His family is going through a lot.
Love you lots mom.  Things are picking up around here and each day I get better and better.  I love you and I am so thankful for all you have been doing to support me; emails, packages, prays.  I receive them all!  Happy thanksgiving :)
Con amor
Elder Bagley
P.S. I got the camera!  Thanks so much.  It was so thoughtful with the cord, card and case.  All is accounted for thank you!  I haven't had time to take a lot of pictures yet but here are some of my house.  Where I sleep, study, and eat.



The camera he took with him didn't make it to California so we sent him a new one.  It was great to finally see where he lives but I would have loved to see his smiling face. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he is doing great.
    Love reading the emails,
    Thank you for sharing,
    Love you, Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete